Monday, July 22, 2013

Last day in St.Petersburg

Greetings!

By the end here we have felt like St.Petersburg is home. Once again just an incredible city that will be missed. Not sure if I will ever make it back here but it ranks up there with one of my favorite cities.

Our last day as far as the weather is concerned could've been better. However, we were able to accomplish our final goal which was going on a river cruise. We were pleasantly surprised for it was a nice, long journey winding around the incredible canals of the city. It was a great way to spend our remaining hours in the city.

Our new buddy Alex who took us to the Peterhof a few days before took us to the train station to begin our next journey. We got to meet Alex's wife and he was even nice enough to bring us some mementos for our trip to St.Petersburg. Class act! He certainly added to our experience in St.Petersburg and went out of his way to make our trip an enjoyable one. We exchanged email addresses and promised to stay in touch.

We decided to make our way to Mosocw by train. I am glad we did for I feel it added tot he experience. We were told that we could've taken a plane for half the price but I am glad we did take the train. The cabin was decent. I will upload a video down below of our quarters. We had our own cabin and we had a TV. I watched a Russian western, or at least I think it was. We were able to sleep some on the train and arrived in dreary Moscow at 8:30 in the morning. We ended up getting ripped off at the train station but it is what it is. We got off the train and a man asked if we needed help with our luggage. Well I thought he would take us to a taxi and that I would give him some money for the service. Nope, he showed us that our hotel was right there. When we got to the point to get our bags he whipped out a calculator and said that is how much we owed. I, of course, said no way. He then proceeded to walk back to the train station with our bags. At this point my uncle decided to just pay the money. We got taken pretty good as far as money is concerned but oh well. My uncle has been awesome as far as looking on the bright side of things and moving on. I can't say it enough as far as how grateful I am for his company. We make a pretty good team and really are enjoying each others company. Or at least I think he is enjoying my company as much as I am his : )











No comments:

Post a Comment